Directorate of Public Works (DPW)
Operations & Maintenance Division
201 Beasley Drive
Fort Detrick Md. 21702
The Operations and Maintenance Division (O & M) provides for the day to day services required to keep Fort Detrick's buildings and grounds in functioning condition. It is O & M policy to operate in the most efficient, timely, effective, and economical manner in support of Fort Detrick's multi-tasked mission, which concentrates on biomedical research and development, medical materiel management and international telecommunications.
O & M Goals:
- Perform maintenance on a regularly scheduled basis.
- Provide functional facilities that meet the Army's requirements and offer an environmentally acceptable atmosphere for those that live and work at Fort Detrick ensuring their health and safety.
- Identify potential problems early within the context of the planned maintenance system so that corrective action may be planned, included in the budget cycle and completed in a timely manner.
- Conserve energy and resources by ensuring maximum operating efficiency of energy-consuming equipment and systems.
- Offer quality customer service by informing customers of planned maintenance activities.