VA Community-Based Outpatient Clinic (CBOC)
Martinsburg VA Medical Center
VA Outpatient Clinic
1433 Porter Street
Fort Detrick, Maryland 21702
Phone: 1-855-429-2548 / 301-624-1200
Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Closed weekends and all federal holidays
- Primary Care services for Veterans in the Greater Frederick area.
- Behavioral Health services including individual and group counseling and programs such Substance Abuse Counseling.
- Handicapped Accessible: full and easy access for all Veterans.
- Well Woman Treatment Services
- Personal Care: Highly qualified primary care providers, specialty care referrals to the Martinsburg VA Medical Center.
- Prescriptions: Routine prescriptions processed through the mail or MyHealthyeVet.
- Equipped for the use of wireless technology.
- Preventative Health Care and Screening
- Health Promotion
- Annual Physicals
- Cancer Screening
- Management of chronic illnesses such as diabetes and hypertension
- Well Woman Care
- Mental Health Services which include
- Social Work Services
- Psychiatric Evaluations
- Individual Therapy
- Medication Management
- Substance Abuse Counseling
- Group Therapy Counseling
- Tele-psychiatric Services
- Podiatry Services
- Occupational Therapy Services
- Physical Therapy Services
- Tele-retinal Services
- Orthopedic Services
- Pharmacy Services
- Limited on-site Radiology Services
- Dietician Services
- Health Education and Prevention
- Pharmaceutical Management
- Anti-coagulation Management
The Patient Aligned Care Team (PACT) model of care requires a comprehensive health care delivery team consisting of one Physician, one registered nurse (RN), one Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN), and one Patient Services Assistant (PSA). The Fort Detrick CBOC has three such health care teams.
- 1 Laboratory
- 1 Mental Health Group Therapy Meeting Room
- 14 Fully functional Exam Rooms
- 13 Fully functional Provider Offices
- 1 Fully functional Physical Therapy/Occupational Therapy Treatment Room
- 1 Fully functional Orthopedic Treatment Room
- 1 dedicated room for all MyHealtheVet Services
The Fort Detrick CBOC is currently working to develop shared service agreements with the Barquist Army Health Clinic for the purpose of maximizing the resources available to meet the needs of both Active Duty Military and Veterans. Services currently being considered are STAT laboratory and limited radiology support services.