In a few short weeks, our kids will excitedly put on their costumes, ring doorbells and possibly even perform a funny trick for treats. These are childhood memories and traditions that will be shared for years to come. Please encourage your children, family and friends to follow our installation’s safety rules to promote a fun and safe Halloween!
- Ensure children are always supervised. Take advantage of this family time and enjoy the festivities together.
- Limit children to the housing area where you reside, or immediate surrounding area.
- Review the pre-planned areas of travel for children old enough to go out alone, and ensure all means of communication are known and working.
Set a curfew for children trick-or-treating without supervision.
- Only visit residences with lighted entryways that indicate they are handing out treats.
- Use only sidewalks and crosswalks and never cut across the grass.
- Costume masks or head coverings should not block or restrict vision, movement, or trail on the ground.
- Apply reflective tape to costumes and props.
- Discuss the importance of not entering anyone’s home or eating any candy or treats until safely returning home.
The Fort Detrick Provost Marshall Office along with the Public Affairs Office will inform our community of the designated times to trick-or-treat.Let’s continue working together to keep our families and children safe on Fort Detrick.
For more information on Halloween and Seasonal Safety visit us at: http://www.detrick.army.mil/safety/fallSafety.cfm.