Military Personnel Division (MPD)
Community Support Center
Bldg. 1520, Room 139A, Freedman Drive
Honoring retiring DA Soldiers and their Families in recognition of their careers of selfless service to the Army and nation, each service member will receive the standard Army Retiring Soldier Commendation Program Package which includes:
- Fully personalized, full-color letter signed by the Secretary of Army, Chief of Staff of the Army and Sergeant Major of the Army.
- Full-color box carrier.
- U.S. flag, measuring 3 by 5 feet, cotton outdoor
- Retired Army pin, formerly known as the "U.S. Army Retired Lapel Button"
- Two-color window decal (Retired)
- Army Strong DVD.
- Packaging materials to allow all contents to arrive to retiring Soldier in superior condition.
- Retirement certificates
Active duty Army service members who retire while assigned to Fort Detrick should contact Directorate of Human Resources at 301-619-7311 to ensure they receive their packet.