CYSS - Forest Glen
Fort Detrick - Forest Glen CYSS
CYSS Emergency Hotline: 202-271-0535
Fort Detrick-Forest Glen CYSS
2461 Stephen Sitter Avenue
Bldg. 161, Rm 2
Silver Spring, Maryland 20910
Monday - Friday: 0700-1600
- Enhance readiness and well being by reducing the conflict between mission and family responsibilities.
- Facilitate family self reliance and reinforce Army values.
- Ensure availability of predictable programs and services for children ages 6 weeks through 18 years old.
- Establish and maintain CYSS program quality as a benchmark for the nation in accordance with statutory requirements, DoD policy, and Army Standards. -- CYSS programs seek to "inspire and enable all young people to realize their full potentials as productive, responsible, and caring citizens."
- Enhance the development of children and youth.
- Maintain affordable child and youth programs and services for both the Army and parents.
"The Military Child Development Program is a model for the nation for providing high-quality affordable child-care."
Senate Report 107-62, National Defense Authorization Act 2002
Child, Youth & School Services recognizes the challenges of our soldiers and their families. By offering quality programs and accountability for children and youth, CYSS reduces the conflict between mission readiness and parental responsibility!
Availability - We support our soldiers and families with modern Childcare and School Age Services facilities and many Family Child Care Homes.
Affordability - We share the cost of care with Army families.
Quality - We are assessed and accredited by "outside" professional organizations. In fact, our Child Care program is considered a "Model for the Nation".