Army Family Team Building (AFTB)
Community Support Center
1520 Freedman Drive
Hearing Impaired: 301-619-6395
Mission: Army Family Team Building empowers individuals, maximizing their personal growth and professional development through specialized training, transforming our community into a resilient and strong foundation meeting today's military mission.
Vision: Strong, Knowledgeable and Engaged Individuals and Communities!
Values: We value excellence in:
- High Quality Training - It is our signature; it is who we are and what we do!
- Resourcefulness - The ability to overcome challenges.
- Life-Long Learning - Opportunities that meet the needs of our community.
- Prepare individuals through specialized training generating flexible, adaptive and capable Soldiers, Families and Civilians.
- Enhance personal growth and professional development by leveraging an adaptive curriculum and technology meeting the needs of the transforming military.
- Employ resources to build and strengthen enduring partnerships resulting in resilient strong communities.
Army Family Team Building has three separate tracks: one for soldiers (active and reserve component); one for Department of the Army (DA) civilians; and one for family members.
AFTB Training: The Next Step in Army Readiness
Fort Detrick offers classes online, face-to-face and coming soon, even on Facebook.
- AFTB uses a train-the-trainer approach to deliver local installation training. AFTB trainers are trained and certified by ACS Instructor Trainers. As a certified trainer you will train other volunteers at your home station. Best of all — the training is usable at any installation Army wide! The training certificate and course materials are yours to keep and can be used in any AFTB program.
- Enrollment in Levels I,II or III classes is based on the experience as an Army family member, not on the rank of the sponsor. Family members can enter the training program when and where they desire.
- The "Enlisted Spouse Training Series" is available upon request.
- Fort Detrick offers classes online at www.myarmyonesource.com and face to face upon request.
Contact our AFTB Program Manager at 301-619-3171 for more information and get connected today!